ALTO TX212S 900-Watt 12-inch Powered Subwoofer
ALTO TX212S 900-Watt 12-inch Powered Subwoofer
Professional Design. Elegant Style. Sound Investment
There are times when your sound system needs additional low-frequency output and “punch.” For those situations, Alto Professional proudly offer the TX212S powered subwoofer. The TX212S subwoofer extends the bass response of virtually any full-range speaker, relieving that speaker of the difficult task of having to reproduce the low bass frequencies. This creates a system with stunning wide-range response characterized by dramatic, impactful low frequencies and effortless, undistorted mids and highs. The listening audience will hear everything with perfect clarity, from the lowest bass synth tones to the highest percussion bells and everything in between.
• 900 watts of peak power output
• High-efficiency Class D amplifier
• Transducer: 12-inch with 2-inch high-temperature voice coil
• (2) XLR+1/4-inch combo inputs + (2) balanced XLR line outputs
• XLR outputs, with six discreet DSP output modes for ideal matching with companion full-range speaker
• Polarity Reverse switch and Extended LF switch for increased EQ control
• Electronic clip, thermal and transducer overdrive protection
• Rugged, internally-braced front-ported MDF cabinet with integrated 36mm pole socket
• Rugged, mar-resistant splatter-spray finish always looks good, even with heavy use
• Designed and tuned in the USA
• 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty - Canadian Serviced
The TX212S subwoofer features a band-pass design and a rugged, long-excursion woofer mounted in a solidly-braced ported enclosure, computer-optimized for powerful low-frequency performance. The enclosure is made from Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF). This strong, resonant-free material has virtually perfect acoustic characteristics, which ensures that the TX212S subwoofer’s output is always clear and impactful. Cheaper enclosure with flex-prone walls actually rob the speaker of acoustic impact by dissipating the driver’s energy as cabinet vibration. A sturdy, braced MDF enclosure doesn’t waste the driver’s motion as cabinet resonance.
Strong, clear output is only half the battle. In order for a subwoofer to be part of an ideal speaker system, it must blend seamlessly with the companion speaker. This is where the Alto Professional TX212S subwoofer truly excels like none other
in its size category. The TX212S subwoofer features a choice of six selectable DSP output modes so the subwoofer’s frequency response and crossover frequency are perfectly-matched to the speaker that it is being used with. Four of these six output options match the subwoofer perfectly with Alto Professional’s TX2 full-range speakers, while the other two output options give you Hi-Pass or Bypass mode.
Superior Sound You Can Count On
The TX212S features on-board 900-watt amplifier (450 watts continuous) with proprietary limiting circuitry that provides electronic clip, thermal and transducer overload protection, ensuring that the system always sounds clean and clear, no
matter how hard it’s pushed.
DSP Output Mode
For precise signal adjustment, TX212S employs Digital Signal Processing (DSP). This feature gives you a cleaner, more accurate sound. The DSP controls EQ, distortion detection/limiting, crossover frequency and signal delay with virtual
perfection and without the production variability inherent in analog filtering. Simply stated, DSP takes an analog signal, converts it to digital and then performs all the desired modifications and adjustments in the digital realm, where it’s totally
free from the inaccuracies and susceptibility to added noise that plague analog signal processing. DSP is a major reason why Alto Professional subwoofers are so clean, dynamic and versatile.
The DSP Output Mode switch on the rear panel of TX212S toggles between six settings that adjust delay, crossover frequency and the level of the XLR outputs. This feature optimizes your speaker system performance while also simplifying
your full-range speaker + subwoofer setup. If you have an Alto Professional TX2 loudspeaker, using the correct setting will allow your loudspeaker and TX212S to be time-aligned, crossed over at the ideal frequency and level-matched.
Press the DSP Output Mode switch to select between the following settings:
• TX208: Matches TX212S with the Alto Professional TX208 full-range speaker.
• TX210: Matches TX212S with the Alto Professional TX210 full-range speaker.
• TX212: Matches TX212S with the Alto Professional TX212 full-range speaker.
• TX215: Matches TX212S with the Alto Professional TX215 full-range speaker.
• High Pass: Employs a 100Hz crossover frequency with no delay or level adjustments. This setting works quite well with
a wide variety of non-Alto Professional speakers.
• Bypass: Bypasses the DSP functions (there will be no crossover, delay or level adjustments). This setting is ideal for
daisy chaining subwoofers. Once you have selected a setting, the corresponding LED will be lit.
For the TX208, TX210, TX212 and TX215 options, the system is level-matched when the Volume control for your TX212S and
TX2 full-range speaker are set to 0dB (12 o’clock). This simplifies your setup and elevates the overall system performance.
If you do not have Alto Professional TX2 full-range speakers, you can still use the first four DSP settings for your existing
speakers. Cycle through the six options to find the best sound and then make any level adjustments that are needed.
- Output Power: 900 Watts Peak, 450 Watts continuous
- Transducer Low: 12" (305mm) Woofer
- Frequency Response: 46Hz-115Hz (-3dB)
- Frequency Range: 40Hz-130Hz (-10dB)
- Maximum SPL: 126dB (@1m)
- Connections: (2) XLR+1/4” (6.35mm) inputs; (2) XLR outputs; (1) IEC power cable input
- External Controls: Volume control, signal/clip limiter with LED, DSP output mode switch with LED, polarity-reverse switch with LED, extended low-frequency switch with LED, power switch with LED
- Electric Protections: Electronic clip, thermal and transducer overdrive protection
- Enclosure: Internally braced MDF cabinet; 36mm mounting pole socket on top panel
- Connection: Standard IEC Cable
- Input Voltage: 110-120, 220-24 AC; 50/60Hz
- Consumption: 500W
- Fuse: t6.3AL AC250V (110-220 V) or T3.15AL AC250V (220-240 V)
- Dimensions: 16.6” x 15.9” x 20.4” / 421 x 403 x 518mm
- Weight: 44.32 lbs. / 20.1 Kg
Expert Island is a authorized Canadian ALTO retailer, buy with confidence
We Also Recommend
EagleStar Pro 53-6165VA Digital Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna with Built-in Power Amplifier
Gemini ES-210MXBLU-ST Dual 10" Portable Bluetooth System Kit with Microphone and Stands
PYLE PP999 Compact Ultra-Low Noise Phono Turntable Pre-amplifier with 12-Volt Adaptor - Preamplifier