PYLE PDC21 DI Box 1/4'' Instrument To Balanced & Unbalanced (1/4''/XLR) Direct Box
The Pyle PDC21 is a necessity if you are looking for the highest quality of sound, with low distortion, noise, and eliminate ground loops.
A DI unit, DI box, Direct Box, Direct Input, Direct Injection or simply DI, provides the facility for the direct insertion of an audio signal into a mixer or recorder. The PYLE PDC21 offers a variety of DI solutions for live sound and recording applications. You can connect all kinds of audio signals like guitars, keyboards, outboard signal processors. This unit enables you to tap off the signal from a guitar or bass guitar and pass the signal from the Para Output to the on stage amplifier without affecting the original sound. This can eliminate the need for mixing the guitar amplifier, which in many cases is preferable, especially with bass guitar.hing.
- 1/4 Device Connector
- Ultra-low Noise and Distortion
- Connects All Kinds of Audio Signals like Guitars, Keyboards, etc.
- Suitable for Outboard Signal Processors & High-Powered Speaker
- Enables to Tap Off the Signals w/out Affecting the Original Sounds
- Useful for Connecting Unbalanced Signals from Sources like Signals DJ and Sub Mixers
- Provides a Clean Signal at a Low Level
- Plug-in Guitar Directly into the PA System
- Easy to Use Passive Electronic Device
- Controls Hum and Buzz from Stage with the Ground Lift
- Heavy Duty 14 Gauge Steel Construction
- Bi-Directional Impedance Matching
- 1 year Canadian Service manufacturer warranty
The unit is also very useful for connecting unbalanced signals from sources like signals DJ and sub-mixers, effects processors and keyboards to a main PA or recording mixer. The PDC21 balanced output provides a clean signal at a low level as long as runs of cable are possible. Another benefit from a balanced connection is common mode rejection, which provides cancellation of unwanted sounds (hums and buzzes) while leaving the original signal pure.
One of the most popular uses of a DI box is getting the signal of the bass guitar to the PA system. Simply put, the low frequencies produced by bass are difficult to mic/record, so use of a DI box is almost always preferable.
Have the capability of tapping off signals from amplifiers, such as the output or guitar amp or power amplifier. You can even connect this unit to the line output of a consumer stereo system or boom box --if you want to sample some old records or cassette tapes.
This DI box also does a great job in the studio for connecting unbalanced devices. For instance, the output levels of many keyboards are low, so their signals can benefit generally by connecting their unbalanced outputs to the unit which makes the signal to move cleanly without interruption. The signal will be allowed to travel for long distances while benefiting from the low noise and common mode rejection provided by this unit's balanced low-level output.What’s In The Box:
- Premium Direct Injection Audio Box
- Frequency Response: 5-35 KHz, -3dB
- Noise Level: -104dBu
- THD: 0.013%
- Input Impedance: 50K Ohm
- Max.Input Level: +8.1 dBu (9V Batt), +11.3 dBu (48V Phantom)
- Instrument Input: 1/4'' Phone Jack, unbalanced
- Parallel (link) Out: 1/4'' Phone Jack, unbalanced
- Balanced Output: XLR Connector, balanced
- Ground Lift: Switch-Able Ground Lift
- Input Attenuation: Switch-Able (0db, -20db,-40db)
- Construction Material: All Steel Chassis
- Product Dimensions: 4.72'' x 3.01'' x 1.77'' -inches
- Sold as: Single Unit
- Weight: 1.05 lbs.
Expert Island is a Canadian authorized PYLE Audio retailer, buy with confidence
We Also Recommend
18 Watt Flat Par Can Light 18 LED Lights RGB Colour Mixing 7 Channel DMX512 Disco DJ Stage
PYLE PPHP1537UB Bluetooth PA Cabinet 15-Inch, 1200 Watt Powered Speaker System, USB/SD, FM Radio
PYLE PLPTS35 Universal Portable Foldable Professional DJ Laptop Stand with Second Accessory Tray