TASCAM US-16x08 USB 16-input Audio Interface for Mac, Windows and iPad
16-input Audio Interface for Mac, Windows and iPad
The TASCAM US-16x08 captures 16 mic and line inputs to your computer with clear sound quality and advanced features to manage big sessions. Eight Ultra-HDDA microphone preamps deliver the cleanest and quietest operation in their class, while delivering up to 56dB of gain. An additional eight line inputs are provided, two of them switchable to instrument level for direct guitar or bass recording. Eight balanced line outputs are also available, two with a level control on the front panel for monitoring.
- Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) mic preamps with −125dBu EIN
- Eight Ultra-HDDA mic pres with XLR connectors, eight TRS inputs
- Standalone mode for use as an independent mic preamp
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit recording
- Support for Windows and Macintosh
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- Connect with iPads and other iOS devices via Class Compliant drivers
- +48V phantom power available for all microphone inputs
- High-impedance inputs available
- 56 dB of preamp gain, ideal for dynamic or ribbon microphones
- Tough metal casing for durability
- Angled design provides excellent usability on a desktop
- Eight TRS outputs
- Standard TRS headphones output jack with 70mW/ch output power
- Separate controls for line and headphones output volumes
- MIDI input and output
- Low-latency monitoring via on-board DSP mixer
- DSP mixer with 4-band EQ and compression on each input channel
- Digital Patch bay allows outputs to be assigned freely
- Scenes can store DSP mixer settings (up to 10 scenes can be stored and named)
- USB class compliant 2.0 support
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software (SONAR, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band)
- RoHS certified
- Dedicated AC adapter (included)
- Dimensions (WxHxD) - 17.5" × 2.32" × 8.62" / 445 × 59 × 219 mm
- Weight - 6.11 lbs. / 2.8 kg
- Operating Temperature - 41˚F to 95˚F / 5˚C to 35˚C
Built into the US-16x08 is a DSP Mixer for low-latency digital mixing. Each channel has four-band EQ and compression for polished-sounding monitor mixes. In addition to interface mode, the US-16x08 can be used as a standalone mic preamp. Mac and Windows drivers are provided, as well as USB Class Compliant 2.0 drivers for tablets like Apple's iPad. MIDI input and output are also available on the rear panel.
Whether using the ergonomically-designed angled desktop stand, or mounting with the included rack ears, the US-16x08 includes analog I/O for almost any music recording application.
TASCAM's own Ultra-HDDA mic preamps are the cleanest, quietest, and best-sounding of any interface in their price range. A gain range of 56dB makes them ideal for any type of mic – dynamic, condenser, or ribbon. With preamp performance well beyond any interfaces in their price range, the Ultra-HDDA preamps on the US-16x08 make your tracks sound like a record.
These powerful new interfaces are housed in modern industrial designs that are as ergonomic as they are stylish. TASCAM was the first company to offer a USB audio interface, and we have fused our years of experience with acclaimed German from designbox.
The angled design makes desktop viewing and operation much more comfortable. All other interfaces have their controls on the front or the top of the device, causing you to crane your neck to read the knobs and switches. The US-16x08 controls are at a natural angle, making operation easier.
The US-16x08 includes an all-new driver architecture, written in-house by TASCAM engineers. The Windows driver software can be installed without connecting the interface, with simple on-screen instructions. Mac users can use the interface without installing a driver at all. Simply install the control panel software in order to change device settings.
Powered by an Analog Devices BlackFin DSP processor, the US-16x08 includes an advanced digital mixer for monitor mixing. Each input includes 4-band EQ, a low-cut filer, and compressor. The DSP mixer can store up to 10 snapshots as scenes - making it easy to recall mixer settings. An additional tab opens a digital patchbay to route signals to any output. The class-compliant driver allows it to be used with tablets like Apple's iPad. (Requires Apple's Camera Connection Kit for USB connection)
Windows : Windows 10 (November 2019 Update) , Windows 8.1 , Windows 8 , Windows 7
Mac : macOS Catalina , macOS Mojave , macOS High Sierra (10.13) , macOS Sierra (10.12) , OS X El Capitan (10.11) , OS X Yosemite (10.10) , OS X Mavericks (10.9) , OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)
iOS : iPadOS , iOS 13 , iOS 12 , iOS 11 , iOS 8 , iOS 7
Expert Island is a Canadian authorized TASCAM retailer, buy with confidence
We Also Recommend
PYLE PPHP837UB Bluetooth 8'' 600 Watt Powered Speaker System w/ USB Flash Reader, AUX/MP3 Input
PYLE PCAU48BT Bluetooth Mini Blue Series Stereo Power Amplifier, 2 x 120 Watt,